Monday

Carey & Nick in Baltimore



Carey & Nick asked me to do the photography for their wedding in Roland Park's St. David's Church in Baltimore. This is a lovely and intimate sanctuary in the northern part of Baltimore. The priest there, Father Scott, was performing his first marriage service since transferring from another parish, and I was a little worried that he was going to be quite strict about my working in his church. But he turned out to be a super-nice guy, very relaxed about the whole thing, and that made the ceremony go very smoothly even with the relatively-large bridal party.





When Carey and her mom came to visit me in January of 2008 about the wedding, I discovered that my furnace had broken, but only after I blew cold air on both of them for about two hours! Fortunately their wedding day was much nicer. They held their reception at the Maryland Club in Baltimore, which is a very ritzy place with mucho wood paneling and lots of big game peering down at the guests. It made for a very interesting evening.





Particularly enjoyable was the singalong of Steve Miller Band's "Space Cowboy," backed up by one of the best bands I've heard play at a wedding in a long time, the Sultans of Swing. All in all, a very fine reception.

You can see more photos from Carey & Nick's wedding on my website here.

No comments: