Sunday

Very cool people, a terrific location & a beautiful day make a lovely Washington D.C. wedding


In 2010 at a wedding in D.C. I was fortunate enough to spend a few minutes talking with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, and found her to be personable and charming; not to mention, wise. In 2011, when I photographed Kimberly and Jonathan’s wedding at Decatur House in Washington, D.C., Madame Justice was the officiant for the ceremony, and I was able to chat with her for a few more minutes as the evening went on. What a treat! I admire the Justice, but even more I am fond of Kimberly (who goes by Kimi) and Jonathan, who are some of the smartest and most well-grounded people I have had the privilege to meet.



Someone has to get Austin to smile when he's being photographed.

 

























Venue: Decatur House in Washington, D.C.

Florist: Philippa Tarrant

Caterer and cake: Occasions Catering





1 comment:

Mickel Geroge said...

Wonderful images!! I am also searching something as this type of DC wedding venues for my best friend marriage. If you don’t mind can you please send some more venue images and how much you have paid for the venue booking?